Friday, October 24, 2014

What if?

I admit it. I am a “What if?” kind of gal. Thoughts and plans are often centered on that question in my every day life. Sometimes it is good to go down that path while making plans. Like, what if I don’t have enough water in my car as I make a trip across the desert? Or, what if we don’t have enough money to live on in 20 years? Or, what if I don’t have the time to volunteer for that event after I said I’d do it? But, other times it is a distraction to the end goal.

God has given us the ability to make decisions and we often choose to worry about the details instead of trusting Him. He wants us to listen to His direction and act accordingly because it is always in our best interest. But, we often put ourselves in control forgetting how we can depend on Him in everything.

Proverbs 3:5-6 says,
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.
(NIV)

What if I trusted? What if I didn’t try to understand? What if I gave Him my everyday decisions? What if my path was straight and He is in control? The only thing that is in the way is me and my thoughts of being in control.

It is a good idea to consider the question, “What if I don’t do the laundry this week?” Obviously you won’t be comfortable wearing dirty clothes. (And neither will the people around you!) But, in other areas of your day, listen intently to what God is telling you as you move through the moments. What if you did this everyday? You will gain the practice of confidence and love.

Sherree Fischer
loveSTRONG ministries
Speaker/Facilitator Team Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment