Saturday, June 6, 2015

Our Reflection

I know I’m not alone when I say that I often look in the mirror and all I see are imperfections that are not Hollywood acceptable. We’ve been told to stop comparing ourselves - it’s the media - they pay to look like that. In reality the world has invaded our minds and as women it is hard not to wish we look like “her!”

In the last six months I’ve been fighting with the decision of what weight loss program I should try by asking myself which one will help me lose the most weight and how I can justify the expense to my husband. Friends of mine were doing them so, of course, I had to join in. Then, I realized I don’t have to do it too. While comparing myself I was feeling like a failure not losing weight as fast as others and it was breaking me inside. After I fought this mind game for about 2 months I decided I would just change my diet and begin working out at home. Bam! That was the answer. Or so I thought. One morning I came across a devotional that spoke of not being perfect anymore. That devotional was focused on our images and what we see vs. what God sees. In Psalms 139:14(NKJV) it says, “I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well.” After reading that I realized I was going about this weight loss thing all wrong. I prayed and refocused. Keeping my healthy eating routine, I simply work out and take care of my body for God rather than the world and it has given me energy, confidence and less inches! Feeling defeated, I put God first and prayed for help to take care of my body the way HE wants me to. Now I don’t feel the pressure from everyone and I look in the mirror and see myself the way God sees me - not how I wanted to see me.

Ladies, comparing ourselves with the world will destroy us! It will take away our confidence, our beauty, and all of our energy. Focus on lifting yourself up each morning by asking God to help you see yourself as He sees you. YOU are beautiful just as you are!


Chrissy Shero
loveSTRONG ministries
Executive Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment