Friday, July 25, 2014

Transformed

Just the other day, I was sitting on my patio enjoying some desperately needed me time, while sipping on freshly made coffee just relishing in the silence. I had not a single thought stirring of today’s to-do-list as the wind gently glided against my face, and I could hear the sweet sounds of birds chirping among the trees that surrounded me. Almost out of nowhere, one of the most beautiful butterflies I had ever seen decided to land just feet from where I was sitting. It had the most amazing vibrant colors; woven into the most intricate patterns, and fluttered its wings back and forth as if it didn’t have a single care in the world. I found myself mesmerized by the outward beauty of this creation, and couldn’t help but to reflect on what it once must have been. The journey of its metamorphosis was the key to the beauty it now portrays as a witness to the outside world.

In 2 Corinthians 5:17, the apostle Paul writes “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” When we give up our life to walk with Christ, we ultimately become brand new beings from the inside out. Through the power of The Holy Spirit, we no longer cling to what we once were, but in turn, are given a new life in Him. We are not just simply reformed, rehabilitated or even re-dedicated, we truly become re-created. Just like the butterfly emerging from its cocoon, when we emerge as followers of Christ, we not only turn a new leaf, we begin a new life under a brand new Master.

Stefanie Calens
Writer


No comments:

Post a Comment