Thursday, April 10, 2014

He’s Closer than You Think

This week, our family made a quick trip to the mountains of Virginia. As the land began to rise around us, I was smitten with its beauty. I always am. The Blue Ridge Mountains intrigue me with the beautiful blue haze that covers them. The lighting casts shadows. The trees add texture and dimension.

I sit in awe as I stare out the window – probably because I see God when I look at the landscape around me. I see His creativity. I see His whimsy. I see His majesty and might. After all, He spoke it all into being and set in motion the seasons and cycles that we see each day.

And so, when I feel distant or question God’s presence, I simply go outside. I watch the sunset or look at a delicate flower. I look at rugged rocks and hilly terrain. I see Him right before my eyes. And, if I’m very still, I can almost hear the trees singing His praises.

I pray that we take time to see His beauty each day, find renewal as we sit in His presence, and sing praises to Him who loves us.

Let the sea resound, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it. Let the rivers clap their hands, let the mountains sing together for joy; let them sing before the Lord. Psalm 98:7-9

Cindy Schufflebarger
Author and Speaker
www.cindyshufflebarger.com

No comments:

Post a Comment