Friday, September 23, 2011

take that you little red-horned guy

i am sitting here watching my son relish in the fact that he finally figured out how to really play his leapster....not just turn it on and off and think he was playing, but actually comprehend the idea that the leapster does far more than just light up and go off. he's growing up. and my daughter, well, she started kindergarten this year and came home to tell me “sally said she is not my bff today, so I told her that susie was going to be my bff, but then sara needed a bff and so we said she could be our bff, but then sally got mad because she thought sara was her bff, so now we are all bffs” really!? bottom line...she's growing up.

then i look at my husband and myself and decide it's okay to be in denial that we are growing up... hee hee! :)

life changes so fast that often i find myself saying, "what the heck has happened?" and when it's not just one thing that has changed, but many things that change, i find myself saying, "what do i do now?" my mind does tell me, "god knows what he is doing...he has a plan that is far greater than what i could imagine." and it's true, i know it, i have experienced it and i should never doubt it. so why do i? i almost laugh inside my head because i hear that token angel/devil on each side of my brain. that darn little red-horned guy. but he only gets in the way because i let him. and the more i listen to what he says, the more doubt begins to take over. so i have to make a conscious effort to shift my eyes back to that angel....duh!  and wo...that angel had a lot to show me! (I even made a list...and the angel’s side won!) bottom line...rather than focus on the POTENTIAL negatives, focus on the REAL positives.

so here’s to playing leapsters, girl drama, gray hair, flabby skin and whatever comes next...take that you little red-horned guy!


Jeni Barbush
loveSTRONG ministries
Executive Director

No comments:

Post a Comment