Saturday, July 23, 2011

community

wow! i am continually amazed at how God teaches me lessons. today it was a lesson on community and relationship. this morning we had our first official worship team meeting, which was incredible. there were so many things racing through my mind as i drove up to my friend's home. i was overwhelmed with things, and my emotions were all over the place, and definitely not in the right place to be participating in this meeting. God knew what i needed, and provided the distraction of getting lost on the way there. as crazy as it sounds, it was like a re-set for my brain and emotions, and helped me focus.

the administrative part of the meeting was fine. what i really got out of it was the joy of praising God with my sisters. as we listened to songs the four of us just couldn't help but singing along and singing out to God. it was a sweet sound to me, and i reveled in the moment.

after we finished with the 'official' part of the meeting, we just talked a little about where we are in our lives. each woman brought a new perspective, pearl of wisdom, or insight to the conversation. i felt so encouraged, and know God used the three other women in that room to show me His love.

God created us for community, to worship together, do life together, and love together. though our relationships with Him are individual, there is something special and indescribable about bringing them together in community and fellowship.

Jen Chang
loveSTRONG ministries
Communications Director
www.lovestrongministries.com

No comments:

Post a Comment